Friday, November 12, 2010

Choosing A Plan

I just came to the conclusion, standard for me, that I need a Plan. Something with bullets, numbers, X Easy Steps to Goal. Goal, in this case, being a neater house and some holiday prep.

Let's see what's out there, shall we?

OMG I just noticed Organized Christmas has FOUR of them! Am I enchanted or afraid? Both! (Fear the Plan!)

Choice #1:  Woman's Day: Countdown-To-Holiday-Planner
Woman's Day Countdown

Choice #2:  Organized Christmas:  Christmas Countdown
Organized Christmas: Christmas Countdown

Choice #3:  Organized Christmas:  Holiday Grand Plan
Organized Christmas: Holiday Grand Plan

Choice #4:  Organized Christmas:  Houseworks Holiday Plan
Organized Christmas: Houseworks Holiday Plan

Choice #5:  Organized Christmas:  Rudolph Club
Organized Christmas: Rudolph Club

Choice #6:  Flylady: Cruising Through the Holidays
Flylady: Cruising Through the Holidays

Let's pause a second there. WHEW! That sure seems like a lot of choices.  I'm overwhelmed. I'm going to take a potty break and then fix my preschooler some lunch and I'll be back to finish this... <Mommy hits "pause button" on blog writing>

OK I'm back and I've been having an internal war about whether to hijack my own posts within the post or to post a separate post for tangential things that pop up and involve more than 1-2 sentences... What do you think? Let me know. I think I'll have to do a separate thing -- so, note to self:  post a quick post about self-care. Stick a pin in this post (i.e. "save it") and come right back and finish it after the digression...

OK I did an interruption post, a second unedited off-the-cuff chat.

Let's resolve this, because my Inner Grownup says that I need to stop dreaming and start doing soon, and also, eat an apple, willya?!

Timing is going to be the big thing. It's already November 12 and I think some of these plans started Oct 15. Also I'm primarily interested, at the moment, in making some progress on the actual housekeeping.  Hmm. 

I sense more choices:

Choice #7:  Additude Magazine's Planning for the Holidays
Additude: Planning for the Holidays

Choice #8:  Additude Magazine's Making Three Lists and Checking Them a Lot
Additude: Making Three Lists and Checking Them a Lot

Hmmm.  Lots to ponder.  Let me go over them and I'll be back... talk amongst yourselves...

Rudolph Club is an all year thing.  Woman's Day thing started in Oct.  Holiday Grand Plan, in August.  Ditto the Houseworks plan.  And the Holiday Cruising on Flylady?  They're on Mission #20 today, I think.

Sigh.  Late for the party.

I think all of these are definitely terrific but I'm not going to lie to myself and say I'll get caught up by doing 2 days at a time. I'll go nuts. This, I've learned. The first and second Additude Magazine articles, one by the Flylady herself, could hybridize to work well for me.  Maybe I'll throw a bit of all the others into the soup as I go along... goal right now though is to get going on planning and start cleaning the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment