Friday, November 12, 2010

My Plan

After all that deliberation, here is The Plan (du jour!)... it's the Flylady Plan on Additude...
I'll be deviating from it, I'm sure, tweaking it, but it involves making four lists.  Here's the link, because this is word for word:  Additude magazine: Planning for the Holidays by Marla Cilley

List 1:  Holiday Traditions

List 2:  Holiday Menus and Recipes

List 3:  Gifts

List 4:  Dates To Put on Your Calendar


That should cover the planning part.

As for the housework, I have a bunch of good links, but right now, I'm looking at about 105 minutes (but who's counting?!) until my other two kids come home, so I need to just jump on in and get something done.

I'm starting in the family room -- join me!  (In your family room not mine, silly!)

Grab these:
  • Big trash bag
  • Hamper
  • Laundry basket or cardboard box
  • Broom/vacuum
  • Duster or dust cloth
  • Window cleaner and cloth
  1. Dishes:  Grab any dishes and put them in the kitchen dishwasher or sink.  Neatly.  Go!
  2. Laundry:  Grab any dirty clothes, dishtowels your toddler has dragged in, stray socks, bathing suits in November, and put them in the hamper.  Pronto!
  3. Trash:  Throw everything you see that's tossable in the trash bag or recycling bin.  Count pieces and see if you can get to 15! 
  4. Clutter:  If you see something that belongs in another room, toss it in the laundry basket (not the one holding your laundry, another one) or cardboard box.  Go!
  5. Papers:  Quick, grab any paperwork that isn't trash and put it in The Dreaded Paper Pile.  (Mine is in the kitchen.)
I'm off to do these things.  I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment